Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Rob and Tom are poster boys



Well, it finally happened. I always dreamed about being featured on the cover of a magazine.

This is as close as I will probably get.

Check out the ultrasignup.com image for the 2014 Charlotte 50K. That race was a blur in my drifting mind (did the inaugural run in 2012). It all came back to life when my ultra buddy Rob Apple let me know we were poster boys for the event!

Gotta love it. But of course, the photo brought back memories of rain and wind and that relentless out and back on the greenway.

Of course, what's most interesting is that Rob is going on to ultra greatness, now focusing his effort on major Euro events. Me? I'm a gym rat and yoga pretzel.

Life is funny like that; we walk divergent paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment