Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Plant based rocket fuel
There's no doubt that if you want to get ripped and shredded with an almost perfect plant source, you have to check out the Vitacost brand Plant Protein.
Here's the company pitch on this product:
Vitacost Plant Protein Vanilla Description
Easy-to-digest, natural vanilla flavored nutritional drink supplies 22 grams of non-GMO plant protein per serving. Ideal for vegetarians, vegans or anyone looking for a dairy/meat-free protein source.
What is Vitacost Plant Protein?
Vitacost Plant Protein is a great-tasting, natural vanilla flavored drink mix that provides 22 grams of protein from non-GMO plant sources. Ideal for vegetarians, vegans or anyone looking for a dairy/meat-free protein source, Vitacost Plant Protein is easy to use—simply mix with cold water and stir or shake to desired consistency.
Unlike animal protein, plant protein is low in saturated fat and cholesterol—plus it’s a great source of fiber and other nutrients.
Vitacost Plant Protein features a unique combination of pea protein isolate, rice protein concentrate and chia seed and hemp protein powder, supplying a complete amino acid profile, including branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) leucine, isoleucine and valine.
Vitacost Plant Protein also supplies omega-3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids.
How does Vitacost Plant Protein support health?
Supplies 22 grams of protein per serving
Supplies 3 grams of fiber per serving
Provides a complete amino acid profile, including BCAAs
Contains omega-3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids
Why choose Vitacost Plant Protein?
Combines four non-GMO plant sources of protein
Delicious, natural vanilla flavor
No artificial sweeteners
Easy to use; simply mix with cold water
Great value compared to other brands!
Here are five reasons why it makes sense to give this product a shot:
1) The price is right. Retail is $13.59 for the 1.3 pound can. That is price point competitive with most all other proteins on the market.
2) It tastes OK and blends well. One comment is that the Stevia makes this product way on the sweet side, so I use natural Almond milk with berries, instead of a drink mix that adds too much added sweetness to be palatable.
3) There is something psychologically good when you source your body's protein from plants. Pure and no growth hormones.
4) It contains Chia seeds. Read Born to Run and you'll learn this stuff made into a paste propels the Rarámuri (or Tarahumara) Indians as they run countless mountain miles without tiring.
5) Buy $25 of Vitacost products at a time and it ships free.
I like what Vitacost delivers, so I set up a refer a friend link:
Click through, check it out, place an order if you like...and tell them Master Competitor sent you!