Friday, April 26, 2013

"American Motocross" in photos now on Amazon

It's been a long time in coming, but I was finally able to publish the First Edition of "American Motocross in Photos: 1979-1982."

Some of you may know that I was a motojournalist at Cycle News East during those years.

The project at first seemed overwhelming. I  have 12,000 digitized images; where would I start?

Also, how would I be able to write complete and informative captions for each of the photos I chose?

One day, it hit me: It's not about what I have to say, but rather that the photos speak for themselves. I went into one of my digital albums, chose a select group of vertical format images, and went to work.

The book includes acknowledgement, a historical introduction, and what most readers want most: "American Motocross" includes numerous images - many never before seen or published.

There's plenty of behind-the-scenes content; I took pride in developing the personality side of the sport for my readers.

You can check out the book on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CIUQPYK. Also, my Amazon author page is at http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Mueller/e/B00BS01K6Y.

I hope you enjoy the material. Working at Cycle News was one of the best jobs I ever encountered. Now, I have a chance to relive that excitement by bringing the sites and details of that great era back into your lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment