Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I have not posted because I'm torched

To Master Competitor readers:

There haven't been many posts because there isn't much to write about.

I'm torched.  My legs are like stumps. I'm plowing through the 10 milers each morning but they aren't coming easy...even at a pace 15 minutes off what I was throwing down a few months ago.

Maybe it's what happens to most master men (and women).  We lose the fire, physically and mentally, and fade to black.

Or do we?

I'm not of the ilk to roll over and play dead.  There are new ideas in the works, projects that include transitioning my blogs to a centralized content web site, with other digital/video publishing products just around the corner.

I'm also teaching my first online course this coming semester.  So in all of this, there will be an emergence of yet another "me" and that has to include endurance sport performance.  I was thinking about a respite devoted to swimming and yoga; or maybe three hour sessions of roller therapy on my blown legs.

If there was ever a time to shake things up, this is it.  I have a 50K, a 30K and several bike tours this fall. I need to dig deep and come out of this slump.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment