Friday, June 22, 2012

Brooks Summon: Low price point jogger performs

(Disclaimer: I am a Brooks athlete. I received product and promotional pricing for the 2012 racing season).

I've been a Brooks Sports ambassador for about 20 years and I take that relationship seriously. One aspect of my role is to know the Brooks product line and that means using a variety of items.  You might see me in anything from the minimalist PureGrit to the full-on Beast. Runners come in many shapes and sizes and each model has a purpose.

I love to shop the sales at the www.brooksrunning.com site and spotted the Summon 2's for a steal at $55. Put a pair in queue and broke them out this week as part of my running arsenal.

Brooks states that,

"The Summon 2 calls to all new and young runners—or anyone who appreciates affordable performance. Built-in stability and smooth heel-to-toe transition make this lightweight neutral shoe a decidedly attractive choice. Heed the call."


Not everyone who runs wants to, or is capable of, popping $100+ for a pair of shoes.  Brooks provides this lower price point model and I'm proud to say it does just fine.  Lower cost is good...but Brooks must protect its brand and market quality at every price. The Summon is marketed as neutral and that's what it is/does.  Smooth transition into the shoe day 1, easy to adapt, adequate cushioning and no major corrective action in the footstrike.

I did note that the footbed seems to come up and around my foot and I felt some initial snugness on the right side.  But with 20 miles complete, the shoe and my foot have found a happy place.

I now have the Adrenaline GTS and Summon in the stable; what will I add to make my 3-pairs-at-time rotation complete? Master competitors will want to know so watch for a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment