Thursday, March 15, 2012

I like glaucoma glasses

Ever hear the saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure?"

My mom is cleaning out the house and offered me a great treasure...a pair of sunglasses that were provided post-glaucoma surgery.

These are really fine wrap-arounds that offer polarized pleasure.  They are light and really big.

And I'm sure someone billed a medical provider about $300 for these shades, so they're price-point-comparative to a top end pair of Oakleys.

And on this day they're mine for the taking.

I like my current place in life.  I'm 55, running about 70 miles a week and busting lower than 5% body fat.  That makes me quite strange and a 1%er among my peer group.  I'm an outlier and am so far gone I no longer need to conform to style and the norm.  So glaucoma sunglasses are my new eyewear trend for 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I also believe in that saying. But hey, those glaucoma glasses really does look nice. And I have to admit that I'm kinda envious about it.

    ReplyDelete