Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas from Master Competitor

I was out for a run this morning (15 degrees in Wisconsin) and was framing up all the things I want to discuss and state in future blog posts.  Funny how clarity in thinking is heightened when your eyeball fluid is freezing.

Don't know how much I'll be able to post in the next few days.  I'm working from McDonald's at the moment - parents' house doesn't have Internet.  Seems medieval, but it also demonstrates life goes on without being "always on."

I could rant a bit about field settings on my new Garmin watch, or my push-back on Endurance Planet's latest "you have to trail with a goal" podcast.  But I'll leave that for later.

On this day, I want to say Merry Christmas to all master man readers.  Thank you for joining into the discussion by engaging in this content.  I may ping around like a pinball hitting triples, but there is one theme that threads through all that I am:

God is good and the endurance sport life is a gift.  None of it can be taken for granted.  I'm on a timeline that's on loan from the Lord. There are good times and bad, laughs and sadness. I don't know when or where it's going to end. Each run, bike ride and competitive event has to be appreciated.

The bottom line is that I don't want to get off message, to assure that the proper focus remains.  So from my world to yours, Merry Christmas and we'll see you on the other side of the holidays.

1 comment: