Skip to main content

Plantar fasciitis cure part 2: Voodoo magic

I've been scouring the Internet, traveling deep into blog posts and discussion strings regarding my blown shoulder and plantar fasciitis.

My inflamed right foot is about 75% improved.  A good researcher will tell you that "isolating the variable" is essential in determining what the true effect is.  However, I mixed several "cures" and came up with a healing combo.

Here's the inside scoop:

  1. Calcium and magnesium (+ zinc).  Someone posted that a deficiency in these can affect heal spurs.  But isn't a heal spur built up calcium?  Then again, who was I to question a solid source like chat on the Internet?  I ran to Wal-Mart and bought a big bottle and am up to 100% recommended dose.
  2. Magnets.  Came to realize the arch supports I found in the depths of my gear box had magnets incorporated into the arch.  If you don't know, there are healing rays emitting from aliens who live on the interior of Mars and magnets are able to attract and channel these rays into specific body parts (I made this up but it's probably close to the truth).  So, I'm wrapping a magnet against my arch for all day rejuvenation.
  3. Apple cider vinegar.  It's said to be good for both warts and plantar fasciitis.  From what I can ascertain, both ingested and topically applied.  Read you're supposed to put two tablespoons with baking soda mixed in glass of fruit juice. Ya right.  Open bottle, put to mouth, take one big nasty gulp and swallow.  Chase with morning smoothie.  Churns the gut for about an hour but who cares with all that healing power en route to my foot?

So there you have it, a total hillbilly cure that may work...or may not.  All I know is that my pain meter is down to a 3 and conventional rehab wasn't gettin' 'er done.  When you live the master competitor life you have to find the path and on many occasions, the trail markings aren't very clear.

Comments

  1. We offers prime services and solutions, with the goal of providing the best and latest technology in Plantar Fasciitis at highly competitive prices.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing to see here, folks

It's been a long time since I've been active on my blog. To be honest, I got tired of putting in the work, creating content, with so little feedback or response. Time to divert to other things...such as my new fiction book, coming out soon. Part horror story, part steamy romance. You'll definitely want a copy.

There's another reason I haven't been posting. My endurance spirit is broken.

Some medical issues, some sadness is loss of speed. I don't have much range left in my pulse rate and I have put on a blob of weight.

I "ran" my 10 mile loop this morning...in 2:18. Is that ugly, or what? An overall fatigue follows the run. I remember a few years ago, I'd bang it out in straight 9's for a 1:30 - and at that time had a long section of medium effort trail included, too.

It's the new normal. It's age appropriate. I'll be 59 in two weeks. Let's get real.

Rode my mountain bike Sunday after church. Don't know what I hit but I went…

Break(down)

You have to look closely (click and enlarge photo if needed), but when you do, check out the 5th metacarpal (bone furthest from thumb).

The diagonal break is symbolic of what happens when your mountain bike handlebars snap around 360 degrees, and those bars catch your hand against the bike frame during the rotation.

Well there you have it. I got up after my ride over the bars and knew something was wrong, but didn't want to admit it. Rode about three miles back to the car, then went a week with some ice and heat. Thought it was good, until I smacked the same bone on the bars during a road ride the following weekend.

Time to stop the charades and get to urgent care.

For the past three weeks, I have been in a formed splint that kept the pinkie and ring fingers immobilized in a hooked formation. Don't want those tendons to move across the bone. As the doc stated, it's a "forgiving" break, but nonetheless you don't want to give the bone any excuse to shift; that…

Fitness setback? Use the healing power of plants

Maybe you're like me. You had achieved a fitness and nutrition peak, but then slid off the mountain. Hey, most of us aren't professional athletes and we aren't paid to be ripped and shredded, right? Life got in the way. I produced my dossier for tenure, then finished several academic publications. And, there is always teaching and a responsilbity to the student experience. I'm not proud of the outcome, but that's how it works for me. When I wrote "Mind Over Diet" the key premise was self-negotiation. You must create your own scenarios that drive action. It's time to start over. My advice is to build your comeback with food, not exercise. Everyone wants to run to the gym and crank the big workouts...how long does that usually last? I'd suggest the food is the ultimate change agent. Eat as close to "alive" as possible; take the processing and chemicals out. Fresh food will bring life back into your body. That's the foundation. Here…