Monday, September 19, 2011

Packer vs. Panthers then crash and burn

My good buddy Jeff, with his wife Patti and daughter Steph, invited me to their tailgate extravaganza for the Packers vs. Panthers game in Charlotte yesterday.

I left the mountain with a scratchy throat and dry cough and summed is up as allergies.  But as the day progressed I got worse.  Got home around 8 pm, just in time to melt down.  Yuck.  Chills, cough, sore throat, and of course all that wonderful expectorating phlegm we love to embrace.  Just what are you supposed to do with that stuff?

I'm on the couch this morning minus voice, sipping coffee.  Such a busy week but as we well know, our health is everything.  Hard to take on the day when you body is in malfunction mode.

Big news is that I called the allergist, doubt I'll do the rush immunotherapy for bee things this Thursday. Hard to go from a get 'er done guy to a stay on your feet guy.

My plantar fasciitis is better but my body is worse.  Stay tuned.


3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Tom. You'll feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:49 PM

    Phlegm instead of flem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good catch on the phlegm! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete