Friday, July 15, 2011

The prayer tower: Someone cut it down

I'd like to craft a witty headline that would spike traffic off the search engines, but that's not my mood today.

I'm sad and rather empty inside.

Went out on my normal campus trail loop run this morning, and when about halfway through, took the left turn that takes me down to the prayer tower for my morning time with God.

I was initially surprised to find someone had cleared the trail; logs and brush were put aside.  But when I came to the end, there was...nothing.

Someone cut down my prayer tower.

It didn't seem to be vandal's work, as all the related lumber had been removed.  I have no idea why someone would want the old structure to be no more, but in my world  it was a tremendous loss.

You'll find me at my place of worship each Sunday, but I believe the prayer tower had become the best "church" I had been in (on) in years.  It's where my most fervent discussions with my Lord took place.  It's where I prayed for friends in trouble.  It's where I learned to think less about myself and more about the needs of others.

I stumbled out of that place and continued my run.  I am void of reasoning for this act, but can only relate to the fact everything in this world is temporary.  Why God chose to take the prayer tower out of my life is beyond my understanding.

I'll run through that loop for many times to come, but without the prayer tower stop, it will never be the same.

1 comment:

  1. Well I believe, and I DO BELIEVE. That may be a way for him to say move forward. See this sight sacrid to you and I, but move forward and out of this bubble. (just a thought).

    With that said, this passage comes to mind from me to you.

    those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will runand not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. ISAIAH 40:31 NKJ

    ReplyDelete