1) I need to give a shout out to Ben Greenfield's podcast; that's where I grabbed the info on Dr. Minkoff and prolotherapy.
2) Found 15 cents while running this morning, first a nickel and then a dime about 10 yards later. That's one drawback of the Chi running stance; you need your face pointed at the ground to spot those valuable pieces of change.
3) Been thinking more about a running/fitness streak, i.e. not missing a workout over an extended period of time. I remember well my big streak back in the 80's when I had over 3.5 years without a miss. On some occasions was out at 11:30 pm for a jog. At that period of my life I set a 30 minute run as the minimum "official" workout to keep the streak alive. Now, it's a different game, but I'm getting the itch to amass another streak. Used to blow off Tuesdays most of the last two semesters. It's the day I teach in Hickory, NC, when I leave early and get home around 5 pm. Now, I have been opting for shorty gym workouts...30 minutes on the elliptical at high intensity then my 15 minute resistance weight training. Fun to get that little burner into one's day. I'm leaving for Italy on Monday, so we'll have to see how things settle. Hoping to run one hour per day and watch the food intake. Plenty of fruits and fine bread to make things work.
4) Here's my latest million dollar idea...the ShadowShots™ personal training program. I put the trademark to it because this will be the next rage in endurance sport and I'll be spinning it off is a year or two. Here's the upside:
- Cost of the personal trainer is nominal. It's you. Just wait until the sun hits your physique on a sunrise or sunset run, then document your running stance and efficiency based on the ShadowShots™ figure running next to you.
- Just plug in your program output (your body in path of sun) into your computer and you will have a ShadowShots™ daily analysis of running form over time. This program is both Mac and PC compatible.
- Adaptability and personalization is excellent. I used ShadowShots™ this morning and noted my Chi stance was off at the hips, body was tilted forward above the waist. The ShadowShots™ immediate feedback component helped me to straighten from the core and then lean my entire body forward.
- Those interested may submit ShadowShots™ daily feedback output from personal use. Top ShadowShots™ athletes will be considered for the new ShadowShots™ national network of certified coaches.