Seems in every case the packs are restrictive, feel too loose or too tight, bounce around, or make offensive noise as your personals rattle around in the compartments.
Was poking around at the REI store in Bethesda when I spotted a sale price on this Nathan X Trainer Mutation...the selling point here is that the bottle carries in a horizontal position, which should help the pack ride on your waist.
I have yet to train or race with the Mutation, but hope to get it onto the trails soon. Instead of waxing on for a few more paragraphs, here are the specs from the Nathan web site:
- Limited-stretch elasticized waistbelt
- 22 oz. (650 mL) Hydration Bottle with QuickClip
- Dual XTS Cradles, reinforced with Power Stretch Mesh
- Insulated holster allows access from right or left side
- 5 oz. (150 mL) Nutrition Flask in horizontal side holster
- Dimensional, Power Stretch Mesh pocket with zipper closure
- Shock Cord with one-pull tension lock for jacket or gloves
- Incorporated, waterproof I.D./medical emergency card
- Lightweight, breathable Wall Mesh with soft perimeter binding back panel and waistbelt
- Reflective detail
- Weight: 9.6 oz.
- Adjustable fit - one size fits all