Monday, February 07, 2011
DC weekend: Specialized, Nathan and Hurricane pumps
I try not to be, but:
1) It is my blog
2) It focuses on my adventures as a "tool" for the master competitor lifestyle
3) It's hard to post almost every day if I don't include myself
So for those of you still hanging in there, here's master man just outside Georgetown enjoying a day of walking and sunshine. It was a great weekend in DC; got two runs in, either on or near the Rock Creek Trail. Saturday was misty and wet and I made it through all the slushy woods sections. By Sunday, the melted ice had frozen to a sheet of crack-your-tail-bone consistency, so I took to the road that parallels the trail. Made an out-and-back to the majestic Mormon temple high on a hill, then turned and ran back to Bethesda.
The weekend was busy with endurance sport generated purchases that will prompt this week's posts:
- a rundown on my new/used Specialized Roubaix carbon bike
- shock pumps and tuning compression/rebound suspension on mountain bikes
- Nathan products and my new X Trainer Mutation running pack
- making the switch from a hand pump to C02 cartridges for road flats
Don't turn the channel! Stay tuned for the best in endurance sport news!