Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Limits of endurance on Radiolab

Here's a shout out to the "Running with the Pack" podcast...heard a comment today re: another podcast on endurance limits from a NPR station. Check out http://www.radiolab.org/2010/apr/05/limits-of-the-body/.  It's a great listen and features Ironman triathlon legends Julie Moss and Wendy Ingraham.

If you haven't seen the epic sports segment with Julie finishing the 1982 Ironman in Hawaii, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbWsQMabczM.

I find this sort of reporting especially appealing, as it demonstrates "then" versus "now."  I hold fond memories of my peak triathlon seasons in the mid-1980's; the equipment was my cryptic and we knew much less about how to train and what foods in ingest.  Supplements were barely on the radar and as far as apparel?  I had a bright purple skin suit that left little to the imagination. Let's just leave it at that.

I continue to be amazed at the high quality listening opportunities available on the Internet...most at no cost.  Let's fill our minds with positive vibes. I'd suggest you dial back the music and increase your connection to some of these great story-tellers.

If we don't know where we've been, we'll never learn where we're going.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:51 AM

    Thanks for the utube link...it really made my eyes water! jb

    ReplyDelete