Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Livestrong MyPlate update

I'm getting deeper and deeper into MyPlate, a wonderful free offering from Livestrong.com.  I'm promoting this site to everyone who will listen and for master competitor readers I'd say jump in now and reap the benefits.

I've taken many approaches to successful eating, but there's something new and different about inputing food calories and exercise calories and watching the program work the numbers.  I am more conscious about the calorie count in each item.  For example, I was in a Walgreen's this afternoon and on any normal day, would grab a big bag of peanut M&M's.  But on this occasion I flipped the bag over and got the shocking news...480 calories!  That's a big bite in my 2000 a day program, so I opted for a 330 calorie Premier protein bar.

Good decisions and a better plan.

I'm over a week in and tracking the stats.  Everything is visual and accessible and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment