Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Independence Mine State Park

I've been manipulating my blog the past several weeks, attempting to get the most traction out of my efforts and serve more readers.  Think I like the idea of periodically changing my  lead photo. It was time for the bear to hibernate so here's a shot of Independence Mine, which sits about 100 miles northeast of Anchorage is Wasilla, Alaska.

This was one of the most productive gold mines in Alaska's history and it seems that signs of the past - and a few ghosts - still permeate the property.  It's an interesting place to visit.  I loved the juxtaposition of colors, where God's handiwork intersects the twisted wreckage and buildings of what was once a thriving establishment.

If you'd like to learn more check out http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/units/indmine.htm.

1 comment:

  1. I actually thought it was a Buddhist monastery or meditation center, has a very eastern feel to it. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete