Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Filling my plate

Was listening to Ben Greenfield's podcast and caught a mention of a great product.

Check out http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/.  This free calorie counter and exercise log does it all. I enjoy the feature where you can type in any sort of food product...such as Lance crackers...and My Plate pulls up a menu of all the Lance cracker items...just click and it drops into your daily intake column.

There's also an exercise module where you can choose and set your forms of exercise.  From that point, you simply choose the exercise, add the number of minutes, and it drops into your workout log.

Each day offers a running food intake vs. calories burned and you can watch gains or losses.

Very fine stuff.  I have even included my daily walks across campus.  Why leave any calories on My Plate, right?

1 comment:

  1. Does this have an ipod app? I'm using LoseIt! which is decent but not intuitive, so I wouldn't mind finding something new.

    ReplyDelete