Friday, May 14, 2010

Put it in OverDrive

I'm having a really fine time doing my 90 minute runs each morning. Spring has come upon the North Carolina mountains and exploring new trail is always a big day for master competitor. And a large component of the experience has to do with my Zune and audiobooks.

My latest is a detailed autobiography on Clint Eastwood. The "spaghetti western" hero and TV star of Rawhide went on to great fame as a director and producer. And the best part is that I'm listening to this and other great publications at no charge.

Check with your local library and see if they offer OverDrive download software. Once you have it installed you can select and manage your listening from a large array of material. If a popular book is "checked out" I can request it and put it on hold for the future. Most books have a 7 to 14 day check-out period.

As the years go by I listen to less music and more audiobooks. It expands what I might choose to read and surely takes me different places in the mind while I run.

If you have favorite content on the audio side, let me know and I'll post an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment