Friday, April 23, 2010

One tube many uses

There are some things in life that are just OK. And then there are others that are added value all the way.

Here's a big shout-out for Trader Joe's Honey Mango shave cream. This stuff does it all. I'm still finding more uses, but here's a few applications:

1) Shaving. Of course, the intended use. Creamy and slippery and always a close shave...even when hot water isn't available.

2) Face conditioner. The moisturizing element of this product is so good I apply the cream all over my face and let it "set" while I'm shaving. My skin has never felt better and wrinkles are minimized - always important for 50+ master competitors.

3) Fragrance. The stuff smells really good and is copacetic with endurance sport. When I smell like honey mango I go faster.

4) Hair gel. No need to reach for the mousse. Just use some of the residue off your face and push upward over forehead into hair. Perfect for my "tip it up in front" style. Holds like glue all day long.

5) Shoe shine. I am dead serious. Spilled a splooge of cream on the floor one morning and swabbed it up with a paper towel. Noted my dull walking shoes in corner and applied the Joe's cream to shoes. Wonderful luster and reconditioned the leather.

6) Chain lube. Not really sure about the viscosity rating on the compound but seems to penetrate and lubricate.

I'm only getting started here. If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, get a tube and fabricate other apps...this is good stuff and we shouldn't stop here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:09 AM

    Tom,
    I'd like to know how this got tried on your chain? Sounds like there is a story behind this...jb

    ReplyDelete