Monday, February 01, 2010

Snow in my shoes

Life in the North Carolina mountains isn't a bad deal...if you're the type of individual who can embrace a two day white-out, and its residuals.

Went out for a morning run on Sunday before church, but turned back about ten minutes from my apartment. I've been on thousands of runs, and God willing I'll be on thousands more. Why not use the beautiful day for snow shoeing?

I went to the garage and dug around in some storage boxes; there they were, still in the packing paper from my move to Florida. These units hadn't seen the light of day in years, and it was about time I lashed them on for a journey through the woods.

So on that day, it wasn't about time or speed or progress. Just forward motion, walking and observing the landscape blanketed in frosting. Hope the photos resonate in some small way, letting you know what's out the back door from the place I now call home.

So that's master competitor's report from a snowy Sunday. Hope you don't mind the obligatory self-portrait, but it's my blog and I wanted to post it so there you have it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:10 AM

    Blue skys... snow in the woods.....beautiful. Looks like a great time. I good get lost on purpose there!
    JB

    ReplyDelete