Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Naked test

No photos to accompany today's post.

We don't do X-rated content here.

So instead, visualize this: You disrobe to the point of total nakedness. Now, position yourself in front of a full length mirror. Go full frontal, then twist a bit to get a peek at the left and right backsides.

What do you see? What are you thinking? What are you going to do about it?

This is the master competitor naked test. It takes the right frame of mind and a particular attitude but when I'm in that special place, I'll look, confirm and analyze.

No, I'm not ready for the cover of Men's Health, but I'm not a total blob, either. The new diet and regular exercise have starting to firm and tone in places that couldn't be seen (or I wouldn't allow to be seen) several weeks ago.

The newest aspect of the naked test is this: I'm allowing myself to be on the journey, taking better care of myself and achieving fitness. I'm less judgmental of myself and less concerned about how others perceive me.

Life is a matter of steps, one foot in front of the other. We march forward. And if a mirror happens to come across your path, stop and undress and observe. That's all of you on this given day. Enjoy that person and embrace the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment