Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Mudfest in cyclocrossland

Wanna total anaerobic experience?

Where you head hums and blood vessels in your forehead want to burst?

I have just the sport for you. Buy yourself a $2000 cyclocross bike and join the fun.

Cyclocross racing is big in the high country of North Carolina. It's basically road bikes with off road adaptations, on fast yet sometimes muddy courses.

This past weekend, a big event was held in Seven Devils (how's that for a sexy event location?) and the competition laid it all on the line.

I could write more, but why bother when I have photos to offer - click the "slide show" tab in the upper left hand corner of the screen:

http://picasaweb.google.com/funtalking/HawksnestCyclocrossSevenDevilsNC?feat=directlink

Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. great pics, looks AWFUL though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:39 AM

    One of your old ultra buddies (me) is trying one for the first time in two weeks here in Columbus.
    Looks like fun! (and your can use your mountain bike in this one)
    Thanks for the pcs! jb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I have not tried this. I am an avid trail and road runner/racer here in the northern IL area. I have pics posted on my blog at www.irunnerbuzz.com

    Do you really need a 2k bike to do this? I have a $300 Trek. LOL, don't think that would cut it. Thanks for the blog and pics!

    Doug

    ReplyDelete