Monday, September 14, 2009

Flatlands

Finally found a place to enjoy the finer points of leisure cycling in the high country of North Carolina.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the epic terrain in this area, a place Lance Armstrong called the best training territory in the United States. That said, I've been sick and tired and just can't push the hills.

So, for something completely different, I traveled north 30 minutes to Todd, North Carolina for some most excellent leisure riding this past Saturday. Flat, with some rolling hills, the area is beautiful and the company on the ride was enjoyable.

Note my new crew above: From left to right, that's 78-year-old Jack, Loraine, Tom, and ride leader Sarah.

We spun and talked and stopped and visited. A relaxed, laid-back approach to spinning the crank and it's quite appropriate for me, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment