Monday, September 14, 2009

Creeper trails

Took a solo trip to the northwest this past Sunday...first west into Tennessee, then north into Virginia to Damascus, for a short ride on the Virginia Creeper trail.

This rails-to-trails path runs 34 miles and offers a rather flat, meandering route along roadways and through sections of forest.

Thought I'd add a quick self-portrait of a rather enthused master competitor at a rest stop.

Another day of leisure cycling, and another chance to use my new (used) Gary Fisher Cobia 29er mountain bike.

My new home in Boone, NC is a get-up-and-go community. One hour in any direction takes active sport enthusiasts to many diverse locations.

I'm a creature of habit and I'm starting to patch together a lifestyle. It's all good and new adventures await.

1 comment:

  1. Is that a "professor beard" I see in the making, lol?

    ReplyDelete