Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pull the pin

I can't remember who sent this photo, but it's a keeper.

This dude had a high pressure "release" but opted to finish the race.

It begs the question: When is it appropriate to pull the pin and call it a day?

I've blogged on several occasions about my poor decisions in knowing when to quit. It put me in a bad situation with those who cared about me and the finish may have been worth less than what my body incurred.

It seems "poopy pants" looks rather elite. It's possible that he wasn't prepared to give up the end result after months of intense training.

Humiliation and embarrassment aren't part of his deal. The other day I saw a female A rider from our bicycle club pull to the side of the road and squat. Bodily functions are just part of the game for some.

I am becoming smoother around the edges regarding absolutes in my life. There are still some deal breakers but many things are a matter of opinion, not right or wrong.

So, if you want to poop and go, have at it. If you believe that this sort of emission may be cause to end your day, look for the closest spectator with a hose and a towel.

Odds are you'll live to race another day.

3 comments:

  1. Sport without determination is like Business without Plans, I can see he's determine to get to the final spot, It's possible that he wasn't prepared to give up.

    I love his zeal.

    Mbanugo Sunday
    Unizik Student

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete