Sunday, March 01, 2009

Mind games: Don't drink my Kool-Aid


Over the past several days, I have been expounding on a mental disposition that may move you to the next great place in your ultrarunning journey.

We've been over several of Master Competitor's favorite mind games and as a matter of fact, there are quite a few more to go.

If you enjoy them, fine. Read and wonder and ponder and find your own path to the inner recesses of the mind. Use my concepts like a sharp knife and cut far and deep into the barriers that haunt your conquests.

Of course, you could on the other hand think I'm blowing smoke out of my backside portal, and with that dismiss my thoughts as psychoanalytical rubbish.

And for that, you should win a prize.

I'm surely not the end-all on this type of advice. Actually, I seem to be trumping up the battlefield with more information, adding to the duress and load that already exists. Just like the download from a Garmin or Polar, I'm brain dumping data onto your hard drive.

So, don't drink my Kool-Aid if you don't want to. I'm just an old timer with an opinion. I'm not trying to convert the masses. This is a hobby and I am glad you choose to share it.

I do try to write content that can serve the common good. So somewhere in the diatribe of Tommy Terrific, there might be a gem or two.

Hope you can find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment