Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The ultimate test

Here's one to try at home - but make sure you have some soft carpet to land on. It's the very difficult movement of exercise ball push-ups with feet elevated.

I can do one or two before I buckle. Core strength, balance, patience and upper chest and arm power are necessary to keep your body stable.

I attempt to crank out a few fast reps, but fast won't work. It's about slow, methodical movement while maintaining perfect balance. Every muscle in your body goes taut with the effort.

So, tonight I might have a Heineken and give it another try. Take a shot at this and let me know how you do.

1 comment:

  1. That's how you do 'em, Tom, ha ha! Actually, I can only do a few with my feet on the ground and never tried them with elevated legs. These are a real test but probably build you up well because of all the different muscles required to stabilize you through the movement. Doing them fast would probably defeat the purpose.

    ReplyDelete