Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Music time

Life is feeling pretty good right now. I've been racking up the miles and despite some aches and pains have returned to my run-every-day mode.

I know it won't last forever, but right now I am overcoming the body breakdown. As long as I focus on gentle foot strikes and stay in chi stance, my body has structural integrity and is resilient enough to keep going.

Thought I'd go on a short anti-iPod rant. It's not that I don't like Apple products...I just don't own any of them and don't want to pay the prices they command. Instead, I go alternative.

Check out the Ultra (gotta love that name) Hydra MP3 player to top right. I purchased this thing over two years ago from www.tigerdirect.com and the little soldier has been marching forward ever since. It's a simple 1GB player, links up to the USB port like a memory stick and never fails to get the job done. It also has a voice recorder - in case I need to leave my last will and testament on the trail - and a FM radio with station scanner. Not bad for $30!

I checked Tiger Direct today and this model is now upgraded to a "Trio Sport" with 4GB and comes with some sort of arm sling - still for only $30.

We may be into a a tough economy, but I think the folks who crank out these little beauties understand how to deliver value...all good for the master competitor lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment