Monday, December 22, 2008

Don't try this at home

If you're a heavy traveler, you may commiserate with me regarding what one needs for an extended journey and what are the minimums in apparel that will prove adequate.

Out latest trip encompassed Aruba, Los Angeles, and central Wisconsin over three weeks.

Try to pack for that one and keep it all inside one check on bag.

Well. I accomplished it, but ran a bit light on the running apparel.

Since I had only packed two pairs of running shorts, I attempted to gain extended use from the pair I started with in Aruba. Despite frequent rinsing, they became a bit stiff. On the day of our departure, I had sun dried them prior to leaving and, well, the photo at right tells the story.

The shorts stood up by themselves.

There's not much more to say about that, except that one wonders just what is emitted from the body that turns running shorts into a adobe-like consistency.

That's a question for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Great photo, Tom! You should count yourself lucky because some men pay good money for pills to make them stiff... 8^)

    ReplyDelete