Monday, October 13, 2008

Retro riding


Hey, here's an oldie but goodie...I found this in my pictures file, but it was hidden and had to be converted to a JPEG. So now it's here for you in all it's glory.

This is Tommy master competitor, at the Fall N' Leaf tour near Cleveland in October 2003. Note the retro jersey (that I still own and some love to hate) and a nice shot of my Giant TCR-1.

A quick note on the Giant: I had a Scott road bike (the red rocket shown) and the frame broke at the headset. Scott gave me a partial refund, and of course I was hooked up with a marketing director at Giant, who sold me the TCR-1 frameset. I had Tri-Tech in Columbus, Ohio, take all the Campagnolo components off the Scott and build them onto the Giant. That was a nice ride over the years.

The Fall N' Leaf was run by a friendly group of club riders. The course was challenging for that area, and the food stops were great.

What's so neat about the bicycling community is the people you meet and the places you go. It's all there for the taking. Just head out, spin the crank and enjoy the opportunities.

One of these days I won't be so lazy. I'll start scanning some of my old triathlon racing photos so that I can post them here and tell stories...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment