Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ground-pounding tunes

I don't know about you...but having tunes blasting into my head during a morning run just seems to make the day turn out right.

Background music allows me to daydream and go deep within my thoughts. That's a positive element of endurance sport, the opportunity to think and reflect on one's core being and the journey ahead.

I'd like to give a shout out to one of the best values on the Internet: Podrunner. The music service is FREE and offers weekly downloads, set to various beats-per-minute.

This week's selection is "Rumrunner" at 169 bpm. That's a wild and hectic pace, and the beat will get into your head and eventually make your feet follow along. I used it this morning while doing my six mile loop on the U of FL campus.

Check it out at: http://www.djsteveboy.com/podrunner.html

I really do like the high bpm mixes. I used them to my advantage at the Sarasota 50K last year, where I was running along the last half of the race. I had downloaded and saved several high bpm mixes and played them one after the other, pounding out the course and making a good pace to the finish line.

So make it a Podrunner day.

No comments:

Post a Comment