Friday, September 19, 2008

A boost for the system

One of my rituals each morning is ingesting a daily intake of vitamins and other supplements.

I can't say that my combo of nutritional goodies has a highly scientific premise, but there is a method to the madness nonetheless.

I am not advocating these products for everyone, but simply want to demonstrate what has worked for me over the past decade or so:

B 1oo% complex (release energy from carbos, fat, and protein)
Vitamin E - 400 IU (for broken down immune systems)
Centrum-style "complete" multivitamin
Aspirin 81 mg (potential to avoid heart attacks)
Omega 3 (fish, flax and borage oils - reduce risk of heart disease and stroke)
Iron 65 mg (I'm a vegetarian)
C - 1000 mg (the body's defense, lower cancer risk, improve iron absorption)
Glucosamine & Chondroitin (healthy joints)

Daily supplements are part of a healthy and active lifestyle, where I maintain a level of performance that defies my age. There's always room for improvement on diet. Supplements alone can't develop a healthy mind and body.

And as master competitors, we continue to search for the best formula for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment