Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Until next time, old friend Wausau...







Check out the wonderful scenes from my picaresque running loop in Wausau, Wisconsin. The weather is crisp and cool in the mornings, and when the sun comes over the horizon, reflections bloom on the Wisconsin River.

I carried fond memories home from this last visit. Companionship with my mother and father cannot be equaled. The years are rolling by, but we are still a family, living in the same abode that was constructed in 1950. When I visited with my brother and his family in La Crosse, I made sure to note that we are a family, and when the winds blow, family will ground you and bring you where you need to be.

For many of those in Wausau, simple is better. The land is ruled by common sense, and outdoor activities are cherished in the few warm summer months.

So, as I roam this earth, and strive for more, and attain new academic credentials, it is important to remember that the core of my being belongs in Wausau.

No comments:

Post a Comment