Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rebuilding the temple

A verse in the bible tells us our body is a temple, and we should treat it as such.

My body needed some structural work, so I'm working on the temple right now, getting it healthy once again.

Some of the construction projects include:

  • Getting rampant, recurring thoughts out of my mind. I am a very busy thinker, and many times recycle the same ideas countless times. Not good, it's time to rest my brain and find calm within.
  • Reducing and removing alcohol intake. It really does lead to less than inspiring performance, so I have taken it out of my system over the past three months. I feel better, have lost weight, and save money. What's not to love about that?
  • Managing injuries. My bulging disc/bad left leg has brought me to a point of reckoning, realizing that some injuries can not be overcome through more/harder training. It's time to be gentle and rest and love myself. I am taking very easy 6-7 mile walk/jogs while here in Wausau, Wisconsin, always maintaining the Chi stance and building core strength. Easy does it for some time to come.
  • Building self-esteem. I'm a good man, and I deserve good things. Challenges in my personal life and at school sometimes have me dissecting the past, present and future. Being at home with my parents reminded me that I have been raised in a solid Christian family, and that has led me to be a caring and compassionate individual. That' s a good place to be in life.

As long as I'm caring for others, I'm in some way caring for myself. All things work together for good for those who love God, and work according to His purpose.

Let the journey continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment