Friday, August 29, 2008

Mountain top experience

All of us experience peaks and valleys in life.

Today, I'm on a mountaintop.

It's been one of those days where the hot breeze blows, and the winds of opportunity are in my sails. I have chatted up almost everyone who crossed my path - the U of FL campus is buzzing with new faces, and each person has a story to tell.

Sometimes it's important to let what is outside, come inside. I took a long, relaxing swim in the wonderful 50-meter outdoor pool, and thought about where I have been, and what it has taught me. Life doesn't always unfold as we expect, but we are altered nonetheless. Viewing the past with a non-judgmental attitude allows inner change to occur.

I'm far from having all the answers, but letting the wind carry me provides the neutral attitude that I desire. Allowing life to cross my path as it comes is a fresh start to a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment