Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Why I like yoga...

No, the female in the image above is not in my class...yoga is about being good to myself, taking care of my back back, and forcing some elongated stretching over a one hour period.

I'm just not a flexibility-prone guy. I have a short stretch routine that I follow after most runs, but for the most part, I'm not into it.

Hence, yoga. I used to do quite a bit of power yoga, Hatha yoga and Pilates back in Columbus, Ohio, but have slipped since moving down south. Now, there are great opportunities at the university rec center...so I am taking a summer class that covers all the basics, and moves one through a wide range of motion.

If you're trying to be good to yourself, consider yoga for a supplementary addition to your workout program.

No comments:

Post a Comment