Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Scooters, scooters everywhere


I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you how amped I was to see how riders use scooters and motorcycles in Greece and Spain - check out this pic from the central shopping district in Barcelona.

They ride them fast, hard and with precision.

It was easy to fantasize. Sometimes five or ten riders would be clustered at a stoplight, and when it went green, one could envision the first wave lighting off at the Daytona 200. Or, when bikes would zip by on major thoroughfares in Athens, it reminded me of the cool down lap at the Italian world GPs.

All in all, very good stuff.

And, rain or shine, the scooter and motorcycles represent full time transportation tools. Even at night, many couples blazed by riding two-up, headed to their social destination.

For many reasons, I haven't owned a bike since I sold my Honda American Classic V-twin in 2001. Maybe it's time for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment