Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Barcelona wanderings

It's time to explore another city...
Barcelona has offered the U of FL traveling contingent another opportunity to see the culture offered in this part of Spain.

We took a guided bus tour on Tuesday, and were able to make our way around city parks and several interesting areas that were part of the former Olympic competition sites.

I took a long stroll following the tour, and walked to a large sporting good store called "Decathalon" in one of the shopping districts off Gran via des Carles III. I wasn't too keen on a department store for sports, but this one was special. There were two floors of goods, differentiated by activity. The cycling section was great, and the running goods were interesting...I picked up another running watch...as if I needed that with over a dozen at home.

Tomorrow I want to journey to the small Dali museum to the southeast of town. I have been told it is obscure, but hosts several original works and many other replications.

No comments:

Post a Comment